Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Expression with colors

One need not be an artist to create strokes and curves and fill in the colors of your choice. When words fall short , it is  these colors that come to my rescue to express the feelings dancing in my mind. Since my childhood I had great love for art and the myraid ways in which  artists create unique designs, merely through imagination. Imagination in which one need not travel to  far away islands or to a country side, or a sea shore. But rely on an imagination that would take one into a world of joy unlimited as he/she lays down the brush to paint.


   Often I find lost and ask myself what shall I paint? Abstracts are the ones that attract me the most. I like to bring life into the objects on display talking to me about its journey.Every tree, every bird, every insect or a tiny flower can be the subject of focus. How I present the subject entirely depends on my mood . The same subject, for example take a bird, can be made to appear at peace by choosing appropriate colors. With red and yellow background , the scene would entirely change, reflecting war like or fierce background. With the same subject , I can make the bird look cheerful in tender  sunlight rays at the break of dawn, by choosing light colors. With darker background I can make the bird go to sleep.

You  can create magic by selecting colors and present a beautiful imagination. Focus on what you want to present. Sometime a little drop of red in a painting of grey would hold the viewers eye. If that is what you want the viewers to focus, than it is fine. Or else, you can alter  by using a light shade, similiar to the grey background.

Its not merely the imagination, quality of brushes and the medium used is the next thing to create a beautiful picture. Cheap brushes tend to  shed hair and lose their shape quicker than quality brushes. Squirrels fur used in making fine brushes adds a touch of elegance to your painting, though costlier. Other things that you might need are pallete, easel, oil painting medium and of course canvas. To start with water colors are easier and you can create anything with little effort. But once the color is onto the paper, then sorry, you can redo it. Once done is done. But in case of oil, you can redo the errors to get the desired effect.  You can accompany me through the wonderful journey of colors.... till then good bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment